Pages

Thursday 2 September 2010

Final Fantasy I and II for the iPhone?!

So, surfing through the Apps available on the iPhone, I decide to browse the games - I love playing video games; if you came to my house you'll be in awe of the sheer number my brothers and I own. I think I'll take a picture and put it up, though there's hardly any point as the collection keeps growing. However, the more games I buy, the more I have to get through and so I have a great number in backlog...there's just not enough time in the day - what with work, TV and sleep!

Anyway, while browsing the games, I'm surprised to find that Square-Enix has actually released the first two games in the Final Fantasy series. Looking at the screens, the graphics, while still 2D sprites, are actually quite nice! However, this makes me wonder what version of the game this was ported from - it's been so long since I last popped in my Final Fantasy: Origins for the PSX that I'm not sure if it was ported from that...What if it's ported from the PSP or the DS version of the game? Or perhaps even the Wii?

Actually...I just Wiki-ed it and it turns out the iPhone version is a port of the PSP version.

Now I'm faced with a dilemma...since I actually like the graphics for these ports...should I buy the PSP version? Perhaps the load times will be faster? You see, what ultimately prevented me from completing Final Fantasy II were the awful load times upon enemy encounter.

This is all quite perplexing, especially when considering the scenario for a comic-strip I have yet to draw...Yes, I'm a comic fan too and an anime and manga one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment