Pages

Monday 6 September 2010

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, a Fangirl's Dream

Well...maybe not in regards to the entire game, but I may as well admit this now. When I was young, I was raised on the Spider-Man Animated TV Series...you know, the 90's one. My most favourite episode/story arc had to be the one with Captain America - those episodes alone spawned an everlasting love for the heroic American icon.

But going back to Spider-Man, I crushed on him so hard...kind of weird when you take my age at the time into account. My next favourite episode/story arc was the one with the Spider-Men from alternate timelines being brought together, oh and then the one with the Heroes vs Villains. However, there were so many good episodes/story arcs, it's hard to just pick the top ones, though those are the ones that stick in my memory.

Even though I just found about this game a few days ago and it's due for release in a few days, I have been thinking a lot on this. That and my brother happened to zero in on the one aspect of the game that would interest me - the voice-acting...though story is always top on my list when it comes to rating a game. I don't usually have a gripe with the voice-acting in a game, but it is really cool that they brought back the Spider-Men VA's from most of the series out there...and it's especially cool that Prince Eric has come back as Noir Spider-Man, even though he voiced the 90's one. So yes people, Prince Eric/Spider-Man is my dream.


Watching the trailer, however, he sounds different...not that it's a bad thing - the tone suits the Noir-ness of the level. Needless to say, I will be stealing my brother's copy and he'll be lucky to ever see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment