Pages

Thursday 16 December 2010

Stars of Tees Maar Khan at Cineworld Feltham

As I write this, my neck is in pain - never has it been so stiff! - from standing close to an hour in the cold, with my mother, for an opportunity to meet Akshay Kumar...and a glimpse is all we got. We're quite disappointed, seeing as we could have been in better places...like the warmth of our house. My mother was quite excited and so was I, considering I've followed his career since my childhood - he was quite big in the early 90's, then disappeared for a really long time (details of which, I won't go into) before making his successful comeback in recent years. Akshay Kumar is a pretty big Bollywood actor and I have harboured a tiny crush on him since I was about 12(?) - I also think he could be Scott Bakula's Indian cousin or something, the two do look alike and I happen to have had a tiny crush on him too for about the same length of time.

  
Akshay Kumar (left) and Scott Bakula (right)...not that you needed me to point it out...

Not the best pictures I could find, but there is a resemblance...


Going back to topic, we were quite disappointed with what we got - I don't doubt that he could be a nice person, but seriously? All he did was wave from his car and duck into the cinema to do his promoting then pretty much did the same on his way out 30 minutes later, though the wave was a bit more elaborate. He was accompanied by Farah Khan, director of the movie, and his co-star Katrina Kaif. Unlike the two stars, Farah Khan didn't arrive in an elaborate car and had to walk through the crowd to get to her vehicle, but this also meant that she was gracious enough to hang out for a bit, posing for photos and signing autographs. Katrina Kaif on the other hand we didn't see much of, just a quick smile to the crowd before ducking into the car.

It seems like the event, which was highly publicised on the day, wasn't organised too well - I know that Cineworld Feltham is hardly Leicester Square, but seriously? That's all the time they could manage for a crowd of people who have been gathered since before 8.00pm - which is when they said they'd be there, but arrived 30 minutes late anyway. I couldn't take pictures because one arm was latched onto my mum, so we didn't lose each other, and the other was pinned to my side by the crowd, though there are videos on YouTube of the night, filmed by those lucky enough to get inside...

I guess nights like these do happen and one is not always lucky enough to get a picture with a star they really like and have followed for as long as I have...perhaps there'll be another opportunity in the future...

While the excitement was going on inside, I had to put up with raving girls some years younger than me squealing about how cute he is, when he's totally old enough to be their dad. Also, some woman filming an interview for London Tonight - who was obviously stuffed with her own self-importance - asking some inane questions like 'What do you think about Bollywood films being made more often in London?'...um...hasn't that been going on for decades now, like before you were even born?

Oh and before I forget, Tees Maar Khan means 'Con-artist', which is pretty much what the film is about and I am so going to watch it when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment